Sunday, 9 July 2017

Half Marathon Training: Week 2

Brand new Mizuno Wave Rider 20s (also wearing my Lululemon Final Lap shorts)

Week Two of half marathon training in the books.  Here's what I got up to:

Monday: We drove back from Ottawa on Monday, but I was able to squeeze in a small yoga practice at home. Yoga for Relaxation, 20 Minute Beginners Home Stretch Routine - Pain Relief Flexibility How to Relax was just what I needed after spending most of the day in the car.

Tuesday: I biked to and from work, for a whopping 3.4 km. Clem and I ended up going to the theatre at the last minute, so I skipped the track workout I was going to do with NTRC.

Wednesday: Biked a total 8.3 km in four segments (to and from work, to and from CityPlace). Ran with Tribe, and ended up at The Rec Room for some drinks. This was my first run with new shoes that I got on Monday from Black Toe Running, and if I can manage my time right I'll do a separate post about the shoes and my first impressions. [5 km | 29:26 | 5:53/km]

Thursday: Got home from work and busted out a slow 7 km up through the Annex, ending in Harbord Village on my way to the grocery store (two birds with one stone, am I right??). [7 km | 45:45 | 6:31/km]

Friday: I did the tiniest core/full body circuit workout known to man, which I got off Instagram from Ottawa-based personal trainer Mia St-Aubin.

Saturday: I slept waaaaaaay in and ended up doing a sweaty 5k in the middle of the day, a shorter version of the 7k route I did on Thursday. [5.3 km | 32:39 | 6:08/km]

Sunday: I was supposed to do a 10k, but I gave myself too little time and cut it short to 8k so I could make it to Tribe Yoga Jam on time.  It sprinkled during my run and during yoga, but the overcast weather was a nice change from the ultra sunny and humid runs I had on Thursday and Saturday. Once I grabbed my mat from home and raced down to Canoe Landing Park I settled in to an hour of outdoor yoga.  It's always awesome to stretch everything out after pounding the pavement, and I felt great after knowing I'd put in two workouts before noon. [8 km | 48:58 | 6:06/km]

On to Week Three!

xx, C.

No comments:

Post a Comment