Monday, 15 July 2013

Caroline vs. Cities & Typography

I was bitten by the travel bug at a very young age, and since the past few years have been relatively light on the travel front the internet has been great for feeding my wanderlust.  As such, my Tumblr and Pinterest are constantly inundated with photos of faraway places, filling me with nostalgia for places I've been lucky to visit, and giving me a kick in the pants to get my act together so I can discover new places.  A few of my recent favourite travel-oriented photos come from Turkish web designer Gökhun Güneyhan, who has done a really interesting job of marrying photos of European cities and countries with a typographical interpretation of the names of those places.  My hands-down favourite is "Valencia," although I admit to being slightly biased, as the building pictured (the Palau de les Arts Reina Sofia) was right across the road from my family's apartment when we lived there.
The Palau is part of the hyper modern City of Arts and Sciences, largely designed by the famed Santiago Calatrava
Some of my other favourites are below, but click through to see the rest!

Prague's distinctive architecture

Saint Mary's Basilica, located in Krakow's Rynek Główny, which is the largest medieval town square in Europe!

View of the Eiffel Tower from Place de la Varsovie

xx, C.

No comments:

Post a Comment