Friday, 22 March 2013

Caroline vs. DUY AW13


I wasn't able to attend Toronto Fashion Week this week, but in my perusing of social media I found the above gem from the DUY show on Bianca Venerayan's Instagram...and my jaw dropped.  I've come to love formal-wear, but I'm also a big fan of being comfortable, so this perfect combination of comfort and style is really appealing to me.  With a little sleuthing, I found out that the designer, Vietnam-born Montreal-based Duy Nguyen, was last year's Mercedes Benz Start-Up winner, and boy, did they pick a good one!  The collection has lots of texture, with big knits, fur, and leather, which helps give dimension to the neutral colour palette.  Below are a few of my favourite looks:
Flare's shot of my favourite look.  I'm just waiting for an opportunity to pair a full-length skirt with some soft knits!

I love the skinny silhouette created with the trousers balanced with a super long coat.

Fur and feathers!  The perfect things to spice up any outfit.

Metallic silver is perfect for the holiday season, and it's modern without looking crazy futuristic.

Click through to check out the rest of the collection, as seen through the lens of Flare's George Pimentel.

What were some of your favourite looks and collections this week?

xx, C.

No comments:

Post a Comment